Even if you’re not a vegetarian, you’re sure to love these peppers. If you are cooking for yourself, feel free to half the recipe, or you can just make all 6 peppers like I do for an easy reheated meal later in the week. Goes great with a fresh spring side salad, or side of green beans! If you feel like you just need to get some meat in there…you can substitute the meatless spaghetti sauce for a sauce that has meat in it. Try ’em out and let me know what you think! Happy eating!
- 6 large sweet peppers
- 2 cups cooked brown rice
- 3 small tomatoes, chopped
- 1 cup frozen corn, thawed
- 1 small sweet onion, chopped
- 1/3 cup canned red beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/3 cup canned black beans, rinsed and drained
- 3/4 cup cubed Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 can (4-1/4 ounces) chopped ripe olives
- 4 fresh basil leaves, thinly sliced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 3/4 cup meatless spaghetti sauce
- 1/2 cup water
- 4 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- Cut tops off peppers and remove seeds; set aside. In a large bowl, combine the rice, tomatoes, corn, onion and beans. Stir in the Monterey Jack cheese, olives, basil, garlic, salt and pepper. Spoon into peppers.
- Combine spaghetti sauce and water; pour half into an oval 5-qt. slow cooker. Add the stuffed peppers. Top with remaining sauce. Sprinkle with 2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese.
- Cover and cook on low for 3-1/2 to 4 hours or until peppers are tender and filling is heated through. Sprinkle with remaining Parmesan cheese.
|SATURATED FAT||9.4 G|
|TOTAL SUGARS||11.3 G|
|DIETARY FIBER||8.2 G|